Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a bathroom on board? Yes there is a fully functioning “head” (that’s what sailors call the bathroom). Complete with running water, TP, and soap.
- What if the weather is bad? Safety is priority #1. If the Captain determines that the weather is too bad for a safe voyage, you will receive a full refund.
- What if there is no wind? No worries mate, Defiance is equipped with an inboard engine. You will still enjoy the cruise, some swimming, and awesome scenery of Beaver Lake.
- What should I bring? Sunscreen and sunglasses are very important in the summer (please do not bring oil). It’s always a good idea to bring along a windbreaker and dress for weather slightly cooler than that on shore. If you want to swim, bring your suit and a towel. Please wear shoes with non-marking soles. Sandals are okay but not as safe as tennis or deck shoes.
- What if we want to take more than six along? Sorry, the yacht has a maximum capacity of six passengers (including children of all ages) plus captain and crew. We suggest you hire the boat for the day and sail in shifts.